If you are planning a spray tan for a special occasion go in and have one prior to your special day, so you can experience the tan and know exactly how it will look.
1. Call around and check with local tanning facilities and salons to get information about their spray tans. Will you be going in a booth or having a personalized airbrush from a technician? If so, is the technician trained and experienced? Ask for referrals.
2. Once you choose a location talk to the technician about any preferences they may have for your preparation.
3.The day before your spray tan, make sure to shave and exfoliate! We recommend Norvelle Body Scrub to moisturize and polish your skin, this product evens out skin tone for flawless results.
4. After your technician has finished and allowed you to dry you will be able to dress and go about your day being careful to avoid water for 6 to 8 hours, this gives the actual bronzer time to develop in the skin. Please do not plan manicures, pedicures, or any services that would require water on the day of your tan. Make sure if the weather forecast is rain you take an umbrella so as not to ruin your tan before it has time to develop.
5. 6 to 8 hours after your spray tan you can shower using a gentle body wash we recommend Norvell Body Wash to hydrate and cleanse the skin, this product is made to keep a sunless tan looking its best! After showering apply Norvell pro-long, this is made to extend the radiant golden color and moisturize the skin.
6. Most spray tans will last from 6 to 8 days when using the proper home care! Avoid things like loofas and scrubs as these will cause the tan to fade much quicker and give it a patchy look.
7. The day of your spray tan make sure not to apply any moisturizers or have any makeup or bronzers on the skin as this may impede absorption of the tanning spray. Take any undergarments you wish to wear while tanning, most tanning solutions will wash out of these garments easily. Take along loose clothing to wear after you appointment, tight fitting clothes are a no no immediately after spray tanning.