By Elizabeth Scruggs, Superior Construction and Design
Photos by Chesley Summar, Chesley Summar Photography
It’s wedding season! And with that come at least some out of town guests. Make sure they feel welcomed with these few easy steps to get your guest room guest ready!
- This may sound simple, but wash the bed linens. Even if already clean, nothing smells or feels better than freshly laundered sheets on the bed. Take inventory of your pillows, and replace any lumpy or mismatched sets. Place extra towels, linens, and blankets at the foot of the bed.
2. Place some bottled water and mints by the bedside. When guests are in your home, no matter how much you offer, usually they won’t “help themselves.” Providing refreshments in the room allows them to relax and refresh before the next wedding outing.
3. Fresh flowers or foliage add warmth and life to the space. A simple bouquet from the grocery for under $10 cut and arranged in a crystal vase adds a bit of grace and elegance. If your guest are visiting for a more casual wedding, place them in a Mason jar or antique pitcher. Add books or magazines about your region or town if they have not visited before.
4. Have plenty of toiletries on hand by picking up some trial sizes at the store of often forgotten necessities. Add a candle or two for a relaxing evening.
5. Stack current best selling novels on the nightstand for late night reading.
As with anything, it’s the attention to details that count. A few simple and inexpensive steps will let your guests know that you care and are happy to have them in your home.